ASUS ARES Dual-GPU Graphics Card Pictured
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
PC Perspective have managed to snag some pictures of the ASUS ARES graphics card in the flesh. This very high-end features two Radeon HD 5870 GPUs, instead of the HD 5850 GPUs that are used in the Radeon HD 5970.
Here's an excerpt:
"While the card we are showing here is a production sample, ASUS assures us that it will be available in about 2 months or so. The ASUS ARES as it is called is a dual-GPU Evergreen product with a pair of TRUE HD 5870 GPUs - not a combination of underclocked HD 5870 GPUs like the Radeon HD 5970 released back in November.
In fact, the HD 5870 Cypress cores are overclocked slightly past the default 850 MHz - though how much ASUS hasn't shown us yet. Also, the card features 4GB of GDDR5 frame buffer - 2GB per GPU!"
This is going to be a very limited edition, very pricey graphics card. However, if the ASUS MARS is any indication, it will undoubtedly sellout.
Click here to read the full article.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- SanDisk Ultra Plus 256GB SSD Solid State Drive Review
- ZOTAC GTX 680 AMP! Edition Graphics Card Review
- Vertex 450 256GB Solid State Drive Reivew
- Seagate HDD.15 4TB Hard Drive Review
- EVGA GeForce GTX 780 SC ACX Graphics Card Review
- Lenovo Y500 15.6-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Google Glass Review
- Diamond Radeon HD 7790 1GB Graphics Card Review
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 Graphics Card Review
- Intel Z87 50+ Motherboard Line-up Preview