EKWB FC-5870 GPU Water Block Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
PureOverclock have posted a review of the EK Water Blocks (EKWB) FC-5870 GPU water block, a full coverage block designed for the Radeon HD 5870.
Here's an excerpt:
"In terms of appearance, the EKWB FC-5870 has a gorgeous aesthetic with its polished finish and clear acrylic top. It looks bold in our opinion and stylish. More importantly, however, is the performance, as aesthetics will only get so far when a graphics card starts to heat up. And this is where the FC-5870 performs admirably; it is a remarkable performer, and consistently kept core and VRM temperatures under control even when highly overclocked. The VRMs jumped a wee bit but nothing to be concerned about, coming in at the 43°C mark."
Given the infinite variables inherent in water cooling it's difficult for me to say whether this is a better block than all the others out there. With this in mind, here are some of the other Radeon HD 5870 GPU water block reviews that I have posted:
Koolance VID-AR587 GPU Water Block Review.
Swiftech Komodo 5870 GPU Water Block Review.
XSPC 5870 Razor GPU Water Block Review.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Lenovo Y500 15.6-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Google Glass Review
- Diamond Radeon HD 7790 1GB Graphics Card Review
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 Graphics Card Review
- Intel Z87 50+ Motherboard Line-up Preview
- Corsair Vengeance M95 Gaming Mouse Video Review
- Sapphire Radeon HD 7990 6GB QuadFire Performance Review
- Mad Catz F.R.E.Q. 5 Gaming Headset Review
- Crucial M500 480GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- Seagate HDD.15 4TB Hard Drive Review