MadMouse Glaciator Thermoelectric CPU Chiller Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
PureOverclock have reviewed the MadMouse Glaciator, a TEC-based water chiller designed to improve the cooling capabilities of your water cooling setup.
Here's what they had to say:
"So, the bottom line is the Glaciator is a good chiller product for water cooling enthusiasts that want to jump into thermoelectric cooling that can provide you with sub-ambient temperatures. If you want to shave off 10°C from your current water cooling performance then the Glaciator will do the job better than adding on an extra radiator(s). And it also works extremely well at modest overclocks without pushing the voltage very high. But if youre looking for very high overclocks, then the Glaciator will hit the wall on a Core i7, for example, before 4GHz, essentially limiting you from going higher.
Its a good product, but it does come with a few caveats and drawbacks. However, in the hands of the right person and scenario, the MadMouse Glaciator can be very compelling."
Frankly, I wouldn't spend $300+ on a product that only delivers a 10°C load temperature difference when compared to a competent water cooling setup, especially since you need a WC setup to begin with to be able to use this device.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Antec HCG-750M 750W Power Supply Review
- NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Fan Controller Review
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M Mobility Performance Testing
- Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3-2133 64GB Memory Kit Review
- GIGABYTE G1.Sniper 5 Z87 LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- MadCatz M.O.U.S.9 Bluetooth Mouse Review
- ASUS GeForce GTX 780 DirectCU II OC Graphics Card Review
- Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 850W Power Supply Review
- Attitude One Saiga Gaming Mousepad Review
- Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 5 Gaming Keyboard Review