ASUS EAH5830 DirectCU Voltage Tweak Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Tweaknews have posted a review of the ASUS Radeon EAH5830 DirectCU Voltage Tweak graphics card.
Here's what they had to say:
"With a core overclock of 1027Mhz, the Asus EAH5830 DirectCU performs exactly as intended and the DirectCU cooler does an excellent job at keeping temperatures under control. There isn't much more you could ask out of a videocard. The core overclocking is incredible which did lead to some rather sizeable increases in gaming framerates and did come within range of what you would see if you were considering a HD 5850.
In fact, seeing this is essentially the same price of any other HD 5830 based videocard on the market, I can't see why you would consider another option at this time if this card does overclock so well and does give you an excellent boost in performance for no extra money invested. There isn't a whole lot to deter an overclocker that wants to overclock and not void their warranty if the card can't take the abuse."
Frankly, the Radeon HD 5830 has been rendered obsolete from a price & performance standpoint by the release of the GeForce GTX 460 1GB.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- OCZ Vector 150 120GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- MSI Z87 MPower Max LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- FUNC KB-460 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Reviews
- Corsair Voyager GS 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- DIAMOND Xtreme Sound 7.1 XS71HD PCI-E Sound Card Review
- Lenovo Erazer X700 Gaming Desktop PC Review
- Cooler Master Storm Power-RX Mouse Pad Review
- Synology DiskStation DS1513+ 5-Bay NAS Review
- Gigabyte Aivia Uranium Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Western Digital Black² 1TB Dual Drive Reviews