ASRock Core-100HT Core i3-330M HTPC Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
HardwareHeaven have just reviewed the new ASRock Core-100HT, a compact pre-built HTPC based on an Intel i3-330M processor, 4GB of DDR3, 500GB HDD, USB 3.0, WiFi 802.11n, and THX TruStudio PRO audio technology.
Here's what they had to say:
"ASRock impressed us in the past with their ION systems and their latest model, based on Intel's Core i3 CPU, continues this trend.
Looking at build quality first we have a system which feels solid and one which has very much benefited from ASRock's advances in their motherboard business. Through use of their own board design and understanding of the market we have a system which uses the latest processors and memory but ASRock don't stop there... as with many of the desktop products they offer the Core 100HT-BD has USB 3.0 capability out of the box. The inclusion of 7.1 channel audio with optical out further enhances the overall system and of course we have the ability to use DVI, HDMI and VGA depending on our preference. The only minor blip is the use of a 5400rpm drive, though this can be easily replaced or converted to a storage drive with a faster model added by the end user if needed."
Frankly, this is a perfect HTPC and if it really does come it at $500 flat it's a great value as well.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Scythe Kaze Chrono Fan Controller Review
- Logitech G13 Advanced Gameboard Review
- SteelSeries Sensei Fnatic Gaming Mouse Review
- Creative Sound Blaster ZxR PCI-E Sound Card Review
- NZXT Kraken G10 Liquid GPU Cooler Bracket Review
- Tesoro Kuven 7.1 Virtual Surround Gaming Headset Review
- Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler Review
- NZXT Source 530 Full Tower Case Review
- Samsung 840 EVO 1TB Solid State Drive Review
- Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 3 Gaming Keyboard Review