Scythe Ninja 3 'SCNJ-3000' CPU Cooler Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
X-bit Labs have posted a review of the huge new Scythe Ninja 3 'SCNJ-3000' CPU cooler.
Hre's what they had to say:
"Unfortunately, we cannot say as much praise about the new Scythe Ninja 3 cooler as about the original Ninja released back in 2005. We wouldnt call the Ninja 3 a failure, though. It is effective at medium and high fan speeds and very effective at low speeds. It is just not the best as the Ninja used to be, which is actually our only gripe about it. The Ninja 3 is a high-quality product, supports all modern platforms and has a reliable fastening mechanism. Its fan speed can be set up flexibly. The downside of the Ninja 3 is that its kit includes only one pair of wire fasteners for a fan. It is also a rather large and heavy cooler. Such minor drawbacks might have been put up with if the Ninja 3 were the best in performance. Alas, the legend has not returned to us today."
The new Ninja 3 is a good product, but regrettably it doesn't surpass Scythe's own Mugen 2 revision B.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Lenovo Erazer X700 Gaming Desktop PC Review
- Cooler Master Storm Power-RX Mouse Pad Review
- Synology DiskStation DS1513+ 5-Bay NAS Review
- Gigabyte Aivia Uranium Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Western Digital Black² 1TB Dual Drive Reviews
- MSI GT70 2OC 17.3-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W Power Supply Review
- Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO CPU Cooler Review
- Western Digital Red 4TB Hard Drive Review
- Corsair Vengeance K95 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review