Patriot DDR3-2400 4GB Memory Kit Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Rbmods have posted a review of the enthusiast-oriented Patriot PC3-19200 (aka: DDR3-2400) 4GB memory kit, which features 9-11-9-27 timings at 1.65V.
Here's what they had to say:
"This kit is quite expensive and sells for around 210$ right now at Newegg with a mail in rebate, this is something that is a tad over most users budget as they tend to spend most of their dollars on videocards. The memory overclocks well though and I am certain in this case we were limited due to something in our setup. When it comes to the heatsink I have to admit I am positively suprised how well they perform, even under load with higher vcore the ram was barely warmed at all so something must have been done right when it comes to designing these heatsinks."
This memory kit might be great for those who want to experiment with top-level overclocking, but performance wise it will disappoint to the loose tRCD (11) timing, which is the timing that has the most impact on 2D performance.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- SanDisk Ultra Plus 256GB SSD Solid State Drive Review
- ZOTAC GTX 680 AMP! Edition Graphics Card Review
- Vertex 450 256GB Solid State Drive Reivew
- Seagate HDD.15 4TB Hard Drive Review
- EVGA GeForce GTX 780 SC ACX Graphics Card Review
- Lenovo Y500 15.6-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Google Glass Review
- Diamond Radeon HD 7790 1GB Graphics Card Review
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 Graphics Card Review
- Intel Z87 50+ Motherboard Line-up Preview