Patriot DDR3-2400 4GB Memory Kit Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Rbmods have posted a review of the enthusiast-oriented Patriot PC3-19200 (aka: DDR3-2400) 4GB memory kit, which features 9-11-9-27 timings at 1.65V.
Here's what they had to say:
"This kit is quite expensive and sells for around 210$ right now at Newegg with a mail in rebate, this is something that is a tad over most users budget as they tend to spend most of their dollars on videocards. The memory overclocks well though and I am certain in this case we were limited due to something in our setup. When it comes to the heatsink I have to admit I am positively suprised how well they perform, even under load with higher vcore the ram was barely warmed at all so something must have been done right when it comes to designing these heatsinks."
This memory kit might be great for those who want to experiment with top-level overclocking, but performance wise it will disappoint to the loose tRCD (11) timing, which is the timing that has the most impact on 2D performance.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Lenovo Erazer X700 Gaming Desktop PC Review
- Cooler Master Storm Power-RX Mouse Pad Review
- Synology DiskStation DS1513+ 5-Bay NAS Review
- Gigabyte Aivia Uranium Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Western Digital Black² 1TB Dual Drive Reviews
- MSI GT70 2OC 17.3-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W Power Supply Review
- Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO CPU Cooler Review
- Western Digital Red 4TB Hard Drive Review
- Corsair Vengeance K95 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review