Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 & GA-880GMA-UD2H AM3 Motherboard Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Madshrimps have posted a review of the mainstream GA-870A-UD3 and GA-880GMA-UD2H AM3 motherboards, which are based on the AMD 870 and 880G chipsets, respectively.
Here's an excerpt:
"Gigabyte 880GMA-UD2H : This micro ATX motherboard has surprised me. It even makes me think back on my Asus Rampage II Gene tests. Small in size, doesn't necessarily mean small in performance. Okay it's no board that can compete with boards costing over twice as much. But that's entirely due to the chipset design itself. It would be very illogical to have a lower end chip with integrated graphics outperforming your flagship. In case you are planning to build an AMD powered HTPC, this UD2H is a combo that will satisfy most of your needs. The Radeon 4250 IGP is more than decent enough for DVD playback, for gaming a separate GPU is a necessity."
These are both very good motherboards for the price ($100-110), but if you want the best of both worlds check out Gigabyte's GA-880GA-UD3H model.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler Review
- NZXT Source 530 Full Tower Case Review
- Samsung 840 EVO 1TB Solid State Drive Review
- Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 3 Gaming Keyboard Review
- Cooler Master Nepton 140XL Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- OCZ Vector 150 120GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- MSI Z87 MPower Max LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- FUNC KB-460 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Reviews
- Corsair Voyager GS 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- DIAMOND Xtreme Sound 7.1 XS71HD PCI-E Sound Card Review