NVIDIA ForceWare 260.63 Beta Driver Performance Analysis
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Hardware Canucks have tested the performance of the new NVIDIA ForceWare 260.63 Beta graphics driver.
Here's what they had to say:
"With the lead times between new generation parts increasing by substantial amounts, drivers have taken on an increasingly important role when it comes to keeping up with the times. As such, seeing steady performance growth in games like StarCraft II and AvP bodes extremely well for the future. Gamers who use 24 monitors will also learn to appreciate these new drivers since they offer some tantalizing boosts in certain situations.
The real improvement in my book comes from the additional features NVIDIA packed into the installer and the logical progression of the Surround setup wizard. Yes, ATI has been doing the user-selectable driver installation method for years now but it is still good to see NVIDIA finally going in this direction too. Let me tell you: the Clean Install option will save your bacon more than a few times and using it went remarkably well."
This driver has a lot of new usability features and some decent performance gains in some scenarios, A+.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Lenovo Erazer X700 Gaming Desktop PC Review
- Cooler Master Storm Power-RX Mouse Pad Review
- Synology DiskStation DS1513+ 5-Bay NAS Review
- Gigabyte Aivia Uranium Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Western Digital Black² 1TB Dual Drive Reviews
- MSI GT70 2OC 17.3-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W Power Supply Review
- Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO CPU Cooler Review
- Western Digital Red 4TB Hard Drive Review
- Corsair Vengeance K95 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review