XFX Radeon HD 5970 4GB Black Edition CrossFireX Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
KitGuru have tested two ultra-rare and ultra-pricey XFX Radeon HD 5970 4GB Black Edition graphics cards in CrossFireX configuration.
Let's see what they had to say:
"On a performance level the card(s) really deliver the goods, a single Black Edition can power through almost every engine on the market at 5670×1080 with AA and eye candy cranked to the hilt. Two of them in Crossfire X is a stunningly powerful system and we broke 43,000 in 3DMark Vantage at performance settings which is a staggering result for a modestly cooled gaming system. When compared directly to the reference HD5970, these cards are not only clocked much higher, but they also run significantly cooler as well. Power consumption has also been reduced with the custom XFX design, always a good thing to note.
Negatively, the noise levels are bordering on almost painful, particularly with two running in a Crossfire X configuration. We recorded around 60dBa under full load and we would suggest a high end chassis with good soundproofing if these cards are going to be the foundation for your next system."
This is a $2400 configuration, so no matter what it is simply ludicrous to even consider.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Storm Skorpion Mouse Bungee Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 1000W Power Supply Review
- Asus Z87 1150 Motherboard Line-up Preview
- MSI Radeon HD 7790 Turbo OC 1GB Video Card Review
- Logitec G700s Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming Edition Motherboard Review
- EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST SC 2GB Graphics Card Review
- OCZ Vertex 3.20 120GB Solid State Drive Review
- Seagate 600 480GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- Cooler Master V Series 1000 Watt Power Supply Review