MSI 870A Fuzion AM3 Motherboard Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
OCIA have posted a review of the MSI 870A Fuzion, an AMD 770-based AM3 motherboard that also features a Lucid HydraLogix 200 chipset.
Here's an excerpt:
"If we were judging the performance of the Fuzion X-Mode results based solely on our Futuremark testing I'd say that it definitely shows some promise. The improvement in scores we obtained using two mid to low-range cards might be compared to nVidia's GeForce Boost or ATI's Hybrid CrossFire technologies, without the narrow constraints of specific graphic card and motherboard combination required. This could be an excellent way for budget users to upgrade their graphics without being restricted to certain hardware, or resorting to throwing away their old card entirely. However it appears the technology may not be quite 100% ready and needs more development."
This is obviously a very interesting motherboard due to the onboard Lucid chip, but I can't help but feel that MSI is misrepresenting this motherboard with the "870A" moniker since it is in fact based on the older 770 chipset instead of the newer 870 one.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- SanDisk Ultra Plus 256GB SSD Solid State Drive Review
- ZOTAC GTX 680 AMP! Edition Graphics Card Review
- Vertex 450 256GB Solid State Drive Reivew
- Seagate HDD.15 4TB Hard Drive Review
- EVGA GeForce GTX 780 SC ACX Graphics Card Review
- Lenovo Y500 15.6-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Google Glass Review
- Diamond Radeon HD 7790 1GB Graphics Card Review
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 Graphics Card Review
- Intel Z87 50+ Motherboard Line-up Preview