MSI 870A Fuzion AM3 Motherboard Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
OCIA have posted a review of the MSI 870A Fuzion, an AMD 770-based AM3 motherboard that also features a Lucid HydraLogix 200 chipset.
Here's an excerpt:
"If we were judging the performance of the Fuzion X-Mode results based solely on our Futuremark testing I'd say that it definitely shows some promise. The improvement in scores we obtained using two mid to low-range cards might be compared to nVidia's GeForce Boost or ATI's Hybrid CrossFire technologies, without the narrow constraints of specific graphic card and motherboard combination required. This could be an excellent way for budget users to upgrade their graphics without being restricted to certain hardware, or resorting to throwing away their old card entirely. However it appears the technology may not be quite 100% ready and needs more development."
This is obviously a very interesting motherboard due to the onboard Lucid chip, but I can't help but feel that MSI is misrepresenting this motherboard with the "870A" moniker since it is in fact based on the older 770 chipset instead of the newer 870 one.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- OCZ Vector 150 120GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- MSI Z87 MPower Max LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- FUNC KB-460 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Reviews
- Corsair Voyager GS 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- DIAMOND Xtreme Sound 7.1 XS71HD PCI-E Sound Card Review
- Lenovo Erazer X700 Gaming Desktop PC Review
- Cooler Master Storm Power-RX Mouse Pad Review
- Synology DiskStation DS1513+ 5-Bay NAS Review
- Gigabyte Aivia Uranium Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Western Digital Black² 1TB Dual Drive Reviews