Gigabyte GeForce GTX 470 Super Overclock Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Hardware Canucks have posted a review of the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 470 SuperOverclock graphics cards, which features a triple-fan custom cooler and higher than reference clock speeds.
Here's what they had to say:
"The GTX 470 Super Overclock brings a substantial performance increase to the table which perfectly bridges the sometimes substantial gap between a reference GTX 470 and the class leading GTX 480. Amazingly, this was achieved without a memory overclock which leads us to believe that the GF100 core is anything but bandwidth starved. Would higher memory speeds have led to substantially higher performance? From our overclocking tests, it seems so and which leads us to question Gigabytes decision to keep to the reference clock speed here.
Looking past the reference memory output, the GTX 470 SoC simply demolished a standard GTX 470 in every other aspect. The heat output of the GF100 was kept in check by the almost-silent heatsink but we are still a bit concerned about all of that heat sticking around the interior of ones case. The low core temperatures also resulted in a shocking power consumption reduction."
When you consider the overall package, this is the best GeForce GTX 470 on the market.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Antec HCG-750M 750W Power Supply Review
- NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Fan Controller Review
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M Mobility Performance Testing
- Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3-2133 64GB Memory Kit Review
- GIGABYTE G1.Sniper 5 Z87 LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- MadCatz M.O.U.S.9 Bluetooth Mouse Review
- ASUS GeForce GTX 780 DirectCU II OC Graphics Card Review
- Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 850W Power Supply Review
- Attitude One Saiga Gaming Mousepad Review
- Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 5 Gaming Keyboard Review