ASUS Rampage III GENE LGA1366 Motherboard Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
ITShootOut have posted a review of the ASUS Rampage III GENE, an enthusiast-oriented Micro ATX Intel X58-based LGA1366 motherboard.
Here's what they had to say:
"The Gene series has always occupied a bit of a niche market as power and portability rarely go hand in hand when it comes to PC hardware. Nevertheless with the Rampage III Gene Asus has refined an already-impressive product and injected the features we all now expect in a 2010 motherboard. Whether you are looking for a portable X58 powerhouse or simply want ROG features at a much cheaper price than the Rampage III Extreme, this is a great little board. Its overclocking prowess is superb and the inclusion of great sound and highly controllable fan speeds even make it a solid choice for those looking to build a luxury media PC."
This motherboard is effectively an update to the original Rampage II GENE, and ASUS have done a terrific job with it.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Func MS-3 Gaming Mouse Review
- NZXT Phantom 630 Full Tower Case Review
- AMD A10-6800K Richland APU Review
- ASUS RT-AC66U 802.11ac Wireless-AC1750 Router Review
- Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Case Review
- Noctua NH-U14S & NH-U12S CPU Coolers Review
- PowerColor Radeon HD 7850 SCS3 Graphics Card Review
- Mad Catz R.A.T. M & M.O.U.S. 9 Gaming Mice Review
- Kingston DataTraveler HyperX Predator 512GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- SilverStone AR02 CPU Cooler Review