OCZ IBIS 160GB High Speed Data Link (HSDL) SSD Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Funky Kit have posted a review of the innovative OCZ IBIS 160GB solid state drive, which features a new storage interface technology dubbed High Speed Data Link (HSDL).
Let's see what they had to say:
"The IBIS currently offers the fastest performance ever for a SSD device, and there's only one word to describe it ...phenomenal. It's truly one hell of a drive offering killer performance, but also at a killer price! (kills your wallet). Sadly, this is where the OCZ IBIS has failed. It's not your average everyday purchase. It's hugely expensive, especially when you consider that the total capacity of the drive is only 160Gb (150Gb usuable/formatted). So this means that only extreme high-end and enthusiast users who's got the money to burn, can really afford it. Ah well, it's always good to dream once in a while."
While this is a very impressive product, I wouldn't necessarily chose it over the RevoDrive since it has a much higher $/GB ratio and uses a proprietary new connection type.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Corsair Carbide Air 540 ATX Cube Case Review
- GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 780 WindForce 3X OC Review
- Creative Sound Blaster Z Sound Card Video Review
- Corsair Vengeance K70 Gaming Keyboard Review
- ASUS Radeon HD 7970 3GB Matrix Platinum Edition Review
- Antec HCG-750M 750W Power Supply Review
- NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Fan Controller Review
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M Mobility Performance Testing
- Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3-2133 64GB Memory Kit Review
- GIGABYTE G1.Sniper 5 Z87 LGA1150 Motherboard Review