ASUS Xonar Xense Headset/Soundcard Bundle Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Hardware Canucks have reviewed the new ASUS Xonar Xense Premium Gaming Audio bundle, which features the high-end Xonar Xense One soundcard and Sennheiser PC 350 headset.
Here's what they had to say:
"With all of this being said, we still feel like the Xense headphone / sound card bundle is one of the better solutions currently available. It may not be a complete master in every domain that it plays in but its broad scope of abilities in gaming, music and to a lesser extent movies allows it to excel at being a perfect happy medium for many. The headphones in particular may not be the absolute best around but their combination of respectable audio quality which is helped along by the killer sound card and a decent microphone still allow for an impressive result.
There is a whole lot to like about the Xense bundle even though it is on the expensive side. One of this cards most endearing qualities is that it isnt focused upon any one niche. Rather, the Xense acts like a perfect Swiss Army knife for people who want perfectly adaptable performance across a large cross section of listening genres. As such, it wins our Dam Innovative Award."
When you consider that the Sennheiser PC 350 headset alone retails for ~$150, this bundle's $280 price starts to make sense. If the Xonar Xense soundcard was sold by itself for $130, it would be a no-brainer purchase for those who value high-quality audio.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Corsair Vengeance M95 Gaming Mouse Video Review
- Sapphire Radeon HD 7990 6GB QuadFire Performance Review
- Mad Catz F.R.E.Q. 5 Gaming Headset Review
- Crucial M500 480GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- Seagate HDD.15 4TB Hard Drive Review
- Seagate Laptop SSHD Thin 500GB Hybrid Drive Review
- NZXT H630 Ultra Tower Case Review
- MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming Edition Motherboard Review
- Gigabyte 650 Ti BOOST Windforce 2X OC Graphics Card Review
- SteelSeries WoW: Legendary Edition Gaming Mouse Review