Intel D525MW Mini-ITX Motherboard Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
MissingRemote have posted a review of the Intel D525MW, a Mini-ITX motherboard that features an onboard Atom D525 1.80Ghz dual-core processor.
Here's what they had to say:
"The dual core Intel Atom 1.8Ghz processor is more than capable to handle networking and browser based tasks, and the Mini-ITX platform allows for a very small system design. One of the limitations of the boards layout however is only two SATA ports, so unless you want to add a PCI SATA card, you will be limited by that. This is a bit disappointing but given that 2 terabyte hard drives have dropped under $100 that should provide sufficient storage for an entry level file server."
If you want to build a small, low power file server, this is definitely the motherboard for you.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- OCZ Vector 150 120GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- MSI Z87 MPower Max LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- FUNC KB-460 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Reviews
- Corsair Voyager GS 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- DIAMOND Xtreme Sound 7.1 XS71HD PCI-E Sound Card Review
- Lenovo Erazer X700 Gaming Desktop PC Review
- Cooler Master Storm Power-RX Mouse Pad Review
- Synology DiskStation DS1513+ 5-Bay NAS Review
- Gigabyte Aivia Uranium Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Western Digital Black² 1TB Dual Drive Reviews