MSI R6970 Lightning Graphics Card Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
PC Perspective have reviewed the brand new high-end MSI R6970 Lightning graphics card, which features the Twin Frozer III cooling system and impressive 18-phase PWM.
Let's see what they had to say:
"Other than that issue, the card was a joy to work with. It is a tremendous design from MSI, and I am happy to say that they have erased the memory of the disappointing R5870 of yesteryear. It does have a price premium over a standard HD 6970, but in this case I think the premium is well worth it. It has a good overclock right out of the box, and the Twin Frozr III cooler is a marvel. Even though it does not exhaust the air outside of the case, it was so effective in cooling the chip that it barely raised the case temperature in the first place."
This is a hugely impressive graphics cards due to the significant amount of customizations and improvements that MSI have done to this Lightning model, two thumbs up.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- ECS L337 Z87H3-A3X GANK Drone Series LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- Crucial M500 480GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- Seasonic Platinum Series 600W Power Supply Review
- Corsair Vengeance 2100 Gaming Headset Reviews
- HIS R7 260X iPower IceQ X2 2GB Graphics Card Review
- OCZ Vector 150 240GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- Sennheiser G4ME One Gaming Headset Review
- BitFenix Ronin Mid-Tower Case Review
- ASUS Radeon R9 290X DirectCU II OC Graphics Card Review
- Kingston DataTraveler HyperX Predator 1TB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review