ASUS Sabertooth P67 LGA1155 Motherboard Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Hardware Canucks have reviewed the ASUS Sabertooth P67, an Intel P67-based mothoerboard that is part of the TUF - The Ultimate Force series, which emphasizes durability and stability and comes with an industry-leading 5-year warranty.
Here's what they had to say:
"At the time of this review the Sabertooth is priced around $220 which makes it a few dollars more than several P67 boards that fall in the $190 to $200 range. To see what you get for that extra $30, lets quickly compare the Sabertooth to another ASUS board, the P8P67 Pro. One major difference between the two boards is 8+2 phase power on the Sabertooth vs. 12+2 phase power on the Pro. After testing both boards, the extra phases are a non-issue and in the end the Sabertooth may even have the advantage in power delivery due to the TUF VRM components. However, overclocking was nearly identical.
Other differences in features between the two boards all go to the Sabertooth. The Sabertooth has Thermal Radar for extensive temperature monitoring, TUF Armor for a rugged look and heat ducting plus two extra years of warranty. If these items are worth the extra $30 to you then the Sabertooth is definitely the way to go."
This motherboard has extremely impressive monitoring capabilities and the 5 year warranty is obviously a positive as well.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Storm Skorpion Mouse Bungee Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 1000W Power Supply Review
- Asus Z87 1150 Motherboard Line-up Preview
- MSI Radeon HD 7790 Turbo OC 1GB Video Card Review
- Logitec G700s Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming Edition Motherboard Review
- EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST SC 2GB Graphics Card Review
- OCZ Vertex 3.20 120GB Solid State Drive Review
- Seagate 600 480GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- Cooler Master V Series 1000 Watt Power Supply Review