EVGA Unveils GeForce GTX 460 2Win Dual-GPU Surprise
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
While this is definitely not the dual-GPU NVIDIA Fermi-based graphics card that many people have been eagerly awaiting, EVGA have just revealed the very interesting GeForce GTX 460 2Win. This beastly new graphics card combines two GeForce GTX 460 GPUs on a single PCB. With a combined 672 CUDA cores, 700Mhz GPU clock, 1400Mhz Shader clock, and a 3600Mhz 2×256-bit 2048MB GDDR5 memory interface (good for 230.4 GB/sec), this new model definitely has the specs to go toe-to-toe with NVIDIAs flagship GeForce GTX 580 GPU.
While the GTX 460 2WIN obviously has the potential to be a real speed demon, what should really excite users is its multi-monitor and 3D gaming capabilities. Thanks to its twin GPUs, the GTX 460 2Win can not only power triple monitor gaming setups, but it also supports NVIDIA 3D Surround. These are two features that otherwise would require two single-GPU cards in an SLI configuration to function. Those who are more productivity minded will be glad to know that this card can actually power four displays, thanks its the three DVI-I and single mini-HDMI outputs.
Coming in at just under one foot, this 11.5-inch monster features the brand new triple-fan cooler design that EVGA showed off during CES 2011. EVGA lists the cards availability as Coming soon! and its price has not yet been revealed either.
Click here to check out the announcement.
Click here to check out the product page.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- QNAP TS-670 6-Bay NAS Review
- VisionTek 480GB mSATA SSD Review
- NVIDIA G-SYNC Monitor Technology Previews
- Attitude One Tunguska 7.1 Gaming Headset Review
- GIGABYTE Z87X-UD3H Z87 LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- AMD Radeon R9 270X Graphics Card Reviews - Gigabyte, HIS, MSI & More
- Scythe Kaze Chrono Fan Controller Review
- Logitech G13 Advanced Gameboard Review
- SteelSeries Sensei Fnatic Gaming Mouse Review
- Creative Sound Blaster ZxR PCI-E Sound Card Review