Corsair Force GT 120GB Solid State Drive Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Guru3D have posted a review of the brand new Corsair Force GT 120GB SATA 6Gb/s solid state drive, which is based on the SandForce SF-2280 controller and features 555MB/s read speeds, 515MB/s write speeds, and up to 85,000 random write IOPS.
Let's see what they had to say:
"So yeah, let's round things up. The sheer peak performance, and then the sustained performance throughput of the GT is outrageously fast. If you put a drive like this into your SATA 3 compatible laptop or SATA 3 compatible PC, you'll have no idea what is about to hit you.
The Force GT overall (except for a few anomalies) is the faster SSD compared to the Force 3. Now typically due to price difference I would not recommend spending more money as that Force 3 is already bitching fast. But the Force GT is merely a few bucks more expensive and that makes is a way more interesting purchase.
Hopefully the price is acceptable for you as anno 2011, that is still the biggest culprit of high-perf SSD drives, if you can find it for a price that is acceptable for you then we can recommend it Force GT very much."
This is obviously an excellent high performance SSD, but I don't know if it is faster than the OCZ Vertex 3 Max IOPS Edition. Hopefully someone does a comparison of those two models since they do feature a similar price tag.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Antec HCG-750M 750W Power Supply Review
- NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Fan Controller Review
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M Mobility Performance Testing
- Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3-2133 64GB Memory Kit Review
- GIGABYTE G1.Sniper 5 Z87 LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- MadCatz M.O.U.S.9 Bluetooth Mouse Review
- ASUS GeForce GTX 780 DirectCU II OC Graphics Card Review
- Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 850W Power Supply Review
- Attitude One Saiga Gaming Mousepad Review
- Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 5 Gaming Keyboard Review