Corsair Performance 3 256GB Solid State Drive Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Hardware Canucks have posted a review of the Corsair Performance 3 256GB SATA 6Gb/s solid state drive, which is based on a Marvell controller and which features 480 MB/s sequential read and 320 MB/s sequential write speeds.
Here's what they had to say:
"While the Performance 3 may not have wowed us with its extreme performance in our testbeds normal configuration, this shouldnt lead you to think it isnt a cutting-edge drive. This drive has quite obviously been designed to meet the needs of a certain niche and the fit seems to be perfect. If you have been holding onto an antiquated installation of Windows XP / Vista or happen to be running certain Linux distros, the Performance 3 will likely be the best bet for long term endurance. In non-TRIM supporting systems, current SandForce-based SATA 6Gbps drives just cant keep up. In short, the Performance 3 is a middle of the pack performer that has some flashes of brilliance.
This isnt to say that Corsairs Performance 3 isnt without its fair share of minor issues. The cleaning algorithms going on behind the scenes can sure save its bacon but they tend to eat up valuable resources."
This is a very good large SSD with perhaps too aggressive TRIM functionality.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Corsair Vengeance M95 Gaming Mouse Video Review
- Sapphire Radeon HD 7990 6GB QuadFire Performance Review
- Mad Catz F.R.E.Q. 5 Gaming Headset Review
- Crucial M500 480GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- Seagate HDD.15 4TB Hard Drive Review
- Seagate Laptop SSHD Thin 500GB Hybrid Drive Review
- NZXT H630 Ultra Tower Case Review
- MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming Edition Motherboard Review
- Gigabyte 650 Ti BOOST Windforce 2X OC Graphics Card Review
- SteelSeries WoW: Legendary Edition Gaming Mouse Review