GIGABYTE 990FXA-UD5 AM3+ Motherboard Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
OCIA have posted a review of the brand new GIGABYTE 990FXA-UD5, an AMD AM3+ motherboard that is based on the 'new' 990FX northbridge and SB950 southbridge.
Here's what they had to say:
"I found the 990FXA-UD5 available online for an average price around $180. While not bad for a 990FX board with three-way graphics support, a similar equipped quad-graphics board like the UD7 or Sabertooth isn't that much more. Still, for those who want all the features of the 990FX/SB950 chipset but don't ever plan to run more than three cards, a small savings can be had here."
This seems like a great motherboard, but until AM3+ Bulldozer/Zambezi processors are released there is very little reason to buy a 990FX motherboard.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Antec HCG-750M 750W Power Supply Review
- NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Fan Controller Review
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M Mobility Performance Testing
- Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3-2133 64GB Memory Kit Review
- GIGABYTE G1.Sniper 5 Z87 LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- MadCatz M.O.U.S.9 Bluetooth Mouse Review
- ASUS GeForce GTX 780 DirectCU II OC Graphics Card Review
- Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 850W Power Supply Review
- Attitude One Saiga Gaming Mousepad Review
- Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 5 Gaming Keyboard Review