ASUS ROG Mars II 3GB Dual GeForce GTX 580 Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Guru3D have posted a review of the brand new über-high-end ASUS ROG Mars II, a dual-GPU GeForce GTX 580-based graphics cards with 3072MB of onboard memory.
Let's see what they had to say:
"Performance wise the Mars II is a beast, we gave it the petname Lucifer, something dark and evil. The performance level that it operates in is truly amazing stuff to witness.
Any real negatives besides the price you ask? Sure... TDP wise we measured roughly 430W, considering the performance level thrown at you, that isn't bad but I'm surely not happy about a graphics card pulling close half a kilo watt all by itself.
Performance then, you will receive a product that exhausts nearly silly numbers in terms of frame rate on your monitor. You can flick on 2560x1600 as a resolution and apply 8xAA, the card really isn't bothered."
This is obviously a hugely impressive product, but given its eye-watering price and limited-edition nature, don't expect to ever see or own one!
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- MSI GT70 2OC 17.3-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W Power Supply Review
- Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO CPU Cooler Review
- Western Digital Red 4TB Hard Drive Review
- Corsair Vengeance K95 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- ASRock Z87 Fatal1ty Professional Series LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- ECS L337 Z87H3-A3X GANK Drone Series LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- SuperTalent Pico 32GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- HIS Radeon R9 290X 4GB Graphics Card Review
- Corsair Vengeance 1500 V2 Gaming Headset Review