45-Way Thermal Compound Roundup
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Hardware Secrets have tested and compared forty-five thermal compounds from the likes of Antec, Arctic Silver, Biostar, Cooler Master, Coolink, Deepcool, Evercool, Gelid, Noctua, Prolimatech, Spire, Thermalright, Xigmatek, Zalman, and more.
Here's what they had to say:
"The big surprise of this month was the performance of the mayonnaise as a thermal compound. It worked superbly, showing better performance than some well-known high-performance thermal greases. Again, we cannot determine how long it should remain effective, but in the short term, mayonnaise was the best alternative thermal compound we have seen so far.
All the true thermal compounds we tested this time performed within the normal curve. We can highlight that the Akasa 455 had the same performance as the Akasa 450, and the Arctic Silver Céramique 2 performed worse than the Céramique older model."
If you're running low on thermal compound, then this is an article that you should check out before buying some more.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- MadCatz M.O.U.S.9 Bluetooth Mouse Review
- ASUS GeForce GTX 780 DirectCU II OC Graphics Card Review
- Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 850W Power Supply Review
- Attitude One Saiga Gaming Mousepad Review
- Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 5 Gaming Keyboard Review
- Func MS-3 Gaming Mouse Review
- NZXT Phantom 630 Full Tower Case Review
- AMD A10-6800K Richland APU Review
- ASUS RT-AC66U 802.11ac Wireless-AC1750 Router Review
- Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Case Review