OCZ RevoDrive Hybrid PCI-E 100GB SSD/1TB HDD Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Hardware Canucks have reviewed the brand new OCZ RevoDrive Hybrid PCI-E 100GB SSD/1TB HDD, which as you might have guessed combines a solid state drive and hard drive on one PCB.
Let's see what they had to say:
"While the RevoDrive Hybrid is not what we would call an elegant solution it does net levels of performance that puts to shame the likes of the Seagates hybrid XT drive and even Intels Smart Response Technology. By boldly thinking outside the box - and pairing a RAID 0 SSD array with a single hard drive OCZ has been able to create what is the most impressive hybrid device we have seen to date. Unlike most hybrid setups, the software of the RevoDrive Hybrid is able to intelligently direct read as well as write commands to the NAND ICs and the hard drive. The result is benchmark numbers that nearly equal a RevoDrive 3 120GB while allowing for eight times the storage capacity."
This is a very interesting device for those who want both performance and capacity in a single storage device. It is pricey (~$500) but you couldn't expect a product like this one to be cheap.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Lenovo Erazer X700 Gaming Desktop PC Review
- Cooler Master Storm Power-RX Mouse Pad Review
- Synology DiskStation DS1513+ 5-Bay NAS Review
- Gigabyte Aivia Uranium Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Western Digital Black² 1TB Dual Drive Reviews
- MSI GT70 2OC 17.3-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W Power Supply Review
- Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO CPU Cooler Review
- Western Digital Red 4TB Hard Drive Review
- Corsair Vengeance K95 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review