OCZ RevoDrive Hybrid PCI-E 100GB SSD/1TB HDD Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Real World Labs have reviewed the new OCZ RevoDrive Hybrid PCI-E 100GB SSD/1TB HDD, which as you might have guessed combines a solid state drive and hard drive on one PCB.
Let's see what they had to say:
"After the very successful RevoDrive series and the recent Synapse series of cache SSDs it was really a matter of time before OCZ used both technologies in a single drive but is the RevoDrive Hybrid really the next step? Well the answer is obviously yes right? I mean you have almost the read/write speeds of the RevoDrive3 which is amazingly fast for an entire 1TB at the price tag of the RevoDrive3 240GB SSD. Granted the blazing fast speeds of the RevoDrive Hybrid are only applicable for the 100GB which automatically means that the other 900GB will feature the rather low speeds of the Toshiba 5400RPM drive but i don't really think that anyone can use all 1TB at the same frequency so 100GB should be more than just enough, at least for the majority of users out there."
This is a very interesting device for those who want both performance and capacity in a single storage device. It is pricey (~$500) but you couldn't expect a product like this one to be cheap.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Storm Skorpion Mouse Bungee Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 1000W Power Supply Review
- Asus Z87 1150 Motherboard Line-up Preview
- MSI Radeon HD 7790 Turbo OC 1GB Video Card Review
- Logitec G700s Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming Edition Motherboard Review
- EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST SC 2GB Graphics Card Review
- OCZ Vertex 3.20 120GB Solid State Drive Review
- Seagate 600 480GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- Cooler Master V Series 1000 Watt Power Supply Review