Seagate Momentus XT 750GB Hybrid Hard Drive Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
t-break have reviewed the new Seagate Momentus XT 750GB, a 2.5" hybrid hard drive with a 8GB SLC NAND chip on the drive's PCB.
Let's see what they had to say:
"The Seagate Momentus XTs performance is undeniably higher than regular 2.5 or 3.5 7200rpm hard drives. While not as fast as traditional SSDs, the SATA III interface, bigger NAND Flash and a better self-learning algorithm certainly bridges the gap between the first generation hybrid drive and SSDs.
With the promise of a firmware upgrade in the near future that allows real-time writing on the NAND, the performance can only get better. Of course, thats not to say that the Momentus XT drives dont have room for improvement. Larger cache, preferably 64MB instead of 32MB and 20GB of NAND Flash would be very welcomed in the 3rd generation drives."
This is a very interesting product, Seagate have clearly done a great job with this second-generation hybrid hard drive. It might be pricey, but it's the only choice for those who need a huge capacity high-performance storage solution.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Lenovo Y500 15.6-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Google Glass Review
- Diamond Radeon HD 7790 1GB Graphics Card Review
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 Graphics Card Review
- Intel Z87 50+ Motherboard Line-up Preview
- Corsair Vengeance M95 Gaming Mouse Video Review
- Sapphire Radeon HD 7990 6GB QuadFire Performance Review
- Mad Catz F.R.E.Q. 5 Gaming Headset Review
- Crucial M500 480GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- Seagate HDD.15 4TB Hard Drive Review