60-Way Thermal Compound Roundup
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Hardware Secrets have added five new thermal compounds to their previous roundup, for a total of 60 different thermal compounds from every major brands.
Here's what they had to say:
"This month, three thermal compounds proved to be great products: the Xigmatek Freezing Point (which achieved the same performance as the Xigmatek PTI-G3606), the Antec Formula 5 (which performed just as the Formula 7 from the same manufacturer), and the Tuniq TX-2.
On the other hand, mustard didnt disappoint. It performed as well as some commercial thermal compounds (at least for the first minutes) and better than lipstick, oil, butter, and toothpaste, although mayonnaise is, as of now, unbeatable among the alternative compounds we tried."
If you need new thermal paste this roundup is absolutely a must-read.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Antec HCG-750M 750W Power Supply Review
- NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Fan Controller Review
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M Mobility Performance Testing
- Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3-2133 64GB Memory Kit Review
- GIGABYTE G1.Sniper 5 Z87 LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- MadCatz M.O.U.S.9 Bluetooth Mouse Review
- ASUS GeForce GTX 780 DirectCU II OC Graphics Card Review
- Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 850W Power Supply Review
- Attitude One Saiga Gaming Mousepad Review
- Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 5 Gaming Keyboard Review