Samsung PM830 256GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Reviews
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Legit Reviews have reviewed the Samsung PM830 256GB SATA 6Gb/s solid state drive, which features 510MB/s read and 400MB/s write speeds.
Here's what they had to say:
"The specifications of 520MB/s reads and 400MB/s writes were exceeded in some of our tests and while it trails the fastest SandForce drives in the sequential writes on highly compressed data, it's a usage scenario that rarely presents itself in the real world - especially on a consistent basis. So, it can't be held too strongly against them. Conversely, on incompressible data, it does just as well where the SandForce drives tend to nosedive. The Samsung controller is similar to the Marvell and new Indilinx controllers with the use of a cache and consistent performance across data types. The 830 Series has a 256MB cache which is plenty big for anything you throw at it. Overall, we were impressed again by the work Samsung has done."
This is a terrific new arrival to the SSD market, and a worthwhile alternative to the many SandForce-based models.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Antec HCG-750M 750W Power Supply Review
- NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Fan Controller Review
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M Mobility Performance Testing
- Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3-2133 64GB Memory Kit Review
- GIGABYTE G1.Sniper 5 Z87 LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- MadCatz M.O.U.S.9 Bluetooth Mouse Review
- ASUS GeForce GTX 780 DirectCU II OC Graphics Card Review
- Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 850W Power Supply Review
- Attitude One Saiga Gaming Mousepad Review
- Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 5 Gaming Keyboard Review