ASUS Sabertooth X79 LGA2011 Motherboard Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Hardware Canucks have thoroughly reviewed the high-end ASUS Sabertooth X79 LGA2011 motherboard, which is based on the Intel X79 Express chipset and supports the new Intel 'Sandy Bridge-E' LGA2011 processors.
Let's see what they had to say:
"Similar to the Rampage IV Extreme, we found it difficult to find much to complain about with the Sabertooth X79. ASUS has done an excellent job with their X79 boards and competitors will have to up their game to even stay close. The only points of contention for us was the degree to which LLC overvolts and relatively long POST times. At 1.5v and the Extreme setting we saw nearly 1.7v, a death sentence for a CPU with prolonged use. At around $350, this board is certainly not cheap but with the extra warranty included, the ASUS BIOS and a great feature set we would find it difficult to say the Sabertooth is not worth the money. Taking all this into consideration we are happy to award the Sabertooth X79 a well-deserved DAM Good award. "
Like all Sabertooth series motherboards, this new model is a top-notch product and it should be near the top of your list if you're considering building a new LGA2011 system.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler Review
- NZXT Source 530 Full Tower Case Review
- Samsung 840 EVO 1TB Solid State Drive Review
- Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 3 Gaming Keyboard Review
- Cooler Master Nepton 140XL Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- OCZ Vector 150 120GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- MSI Z87 MPower Max LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- FUNC KB-460 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Reviews
- Corsair Voyager GS 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- DIAMOND Xtreme Sound 7.1 XS71HD PCI-E Sound Card Review