ASUS Sabertooth X79 LGA2011 Motherboard Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Hardware Canucks have thoroughly reviewed the high-end ASUS Sabertooth X79 LGA2011 motherboard, which is based on the Intel X79 Express chipset and supports the new Intel 'Sandy Bridge-E' LGA2011 processors.
Let's see what they had to say:
"Similar to the Rampage IV Extreme, we found it difficult to find much to complain about with the Sabertooth X79. ASUS has done an excellent job with their X79 boards and competitors will have to up their game to even stay close. The only points of contention for us was the degree to which LLC overvolts and relatively long POST times. At 1.5v and the Extreme setting we saw nearly 1.7v, a death sentence for a CPU with prolonged use. At around $350, this board is certainly not cheap but with the extra warranty included, the ASUS BIOS and a great feature set we would find it difficult to say the Sabertooth is not worth the money. Taking all this into consideration we are happy to award the Sabertooth X79 a well-deserved DAM Good award. "
Like all Sabertooth series motherboards, this new model is a top-notch product and it should be near the top of your list if you're considering building a new LGA2011 system.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Storm Skorpion Mouse Bungee Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 1000W Power Supply Review
- Asus Z87 1150 Motherboard Line-up Preview
- MSI Radeon HD 7790 Turbo OC 1GB Video Card Review
- Logitec G700s Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming Edition Motherboard Review
- EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST SC 2GB Graphics Card Review
- OCZ Vertex 3.20 120GB Solid State Drive Review
- Seagate 600 480GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- Cooler Master V Series 1000 Watt Power Supply Review