ASRock X79 Extreme9 LGA2011 Motherboard Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Hardware Canucks have reviewed the high-end and very fancy-looking ASRock X79 Extreme9 motherboard, which is based on the Intel X79 chipset and supports the new Intel Sandy Bridge-E LGA2011 processors.
Here's what they had to say:
"For gamers and enthusiasts in particular, the Extreme9 has quite a few appealing features. The Game Blaster module, SLI capabilities, PCI-E Gen 3, 8 DIMM slots, and excellent USB transfer rates are all items which will benefit both sets of consumers. This board is as future-proof as it gets and todays users will appreciate that. The layout does post some issues for open chassis triple GPU setups since the lowest placed card unfortunately overhangs the onboard power and reset buttons but if you can overlook this minor SNAFU, the Extreme9 equals some of the best out there."
This is by far the most impressive motherboard that ASRock have ever made, it truly cements them as a top-tier motherboard manufacturer.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Storm Skorpion Mouse Bungee Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 1000W Power Supply Review
- Asus Z87 1150 Motherboard Line-up Preview
- MSI Radeon HD 7790 Turbo OC 1GB Video Card Review
- Logitec G700s Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming Edition Motherboard Review
- EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST SC 2GB Graphics Card Review
- OCZ Vertex 3.20 120GB Solid State Drive Review
- Seagate 600 480GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- Cooler Master V Series 1000 Watt Power Supply Review