ASRock X79 Extreme9 LGA2011 Motherboard Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Hardware Canucks have reviewed the high-end and very fancy-looking ASRock X79 Extreme9 motherboard, which is based on the Intel X79 chipset and supports the new Intel Sandy Bridge-E LGA2011 processors.
Here's what they had to say:
"For gamers and enthusiasts in particular, the Extreme9 has quite a few appealing features. The Game Blaster module, SLI capabilities, PCI-E Gen 3, 8 DIMM slots, and excellent USB transfer rates are all items which will benefit both sets of consumers. This board is as future-proof as it gets and todays users will appreciate that. The layout does post some issues for open chassis triple GPU setups since the lowest placed card unfortunately overhangs the onboard power and reset buttons but if you can overlook this minor SNAFU, the Extreme9 equals some of the best out there."
This is by far the most impressive motherboard that ASRock have ever made, it truly cements them as a top-tier motherboard manufacturer.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Scythe Kaze Chrono Fan Controller Review
- Logitech G13 Advanced Gameboard Review
- SteelSeries Sensei Fnatic Gaming Mouse Review
- Creative Sound Blaster ZxR PCI-E Sound Card Review
- NZXT Kraken G10 Liquid GPU Cooler Bracket Review
- Tesoro Kuven 7.1 Virtual Surround Gaming Headset Review
- Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler Review
- NZXT Source 530 Full Tower Case Review
- Samsung 840 EVO 1TB Solid State Drive Review
- Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 3 Gaming Keyboard Review