NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M "Kepler" Mobile GPU Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
PC Perspective have just posted a brief review of the NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M mobile GPU, which is part of the brand new 28nm Kepler architecture.
Here's what they had to say:
"The performance gain between this generation and the last is substantial. Overall, the GT 640 appears to offer performance on par with the old GT 555M. This should have the effect of lowering the money you have to spend to buy a laptop with acceptable 3D performance. Our Acer Aspire review unit has an MSRP of $799, which is quite a bit less than systems available with the GT 555M.
Intel HD 4000 graphics will, of course, change the balance of this equation somewhat. Thanks to the leaks from Anandtech we already have a decent idea of what that part will provide, and its not bad. But it seems Nvidia will be able to offer value beyond integrated graphics."
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- OCZ Vector 150 120GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- MSI Z87 MPower Max LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- FUNC KB-460 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Reviews
- Corsair Voyager GS 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- DIAMOND Xtreme Sound 7.1 XS71HD PCI-E Sound Card Review
- Lenovo Erazer X700 Gaming Desktop PC Review
- Cooler Master Storm Power-RX Mouse Pad Review
- Synology DiskStation DS1513+ 5-Bay NAS Review
- Gigabyte Aivia Uranium Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Western Digital Black² 1TB Dual Drive Reviews