Thermaltake Frio OCK CPU Cooler Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Hardcore Ware have reviewed the high performance Thermaltake Frio OCK CPU cooler, which is a higher performance version of the original Frio.
Let's see what they had to say:
"What I found interesting is that the performance delta between the High and Low fan speeds was very small. Cranking the fan to outrageously loud speeds only cooled the CPU further by 3 celsius on our overclocked CPU. Granted, the VRM benefited from this greatly, but it would be much smarter to direct more airflow over that area of the case with larger, quieter fans. At full speed, the Frio OCK is, in my opinion, beyond the point of usefulness. It is just too loud, and not worth the meager increase in performance. Add to this the fact that the fan speed controller will be hidden away inside your case, you will probably just leave it at Low and forget about it."
This is a decent CPU cooler, but its performance definitely comes at a price - high noise output. There are better overall options in the form of the Cooler Master V6 GT, Prolimatech Super Mega, and Zalman CNPS 11X Extreme. The huge Noctua NH-D14 is also a top-notch option if it will fit in your case.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- SanDisk Ultra Plus 256GB SSD Solid State Drive Review
- ZOTAC GTX 680 AMP! Edition Graphics Card Review
- Vertex 450 256GB Solid State Drive Reivew
- Seagate HDD.15 4TB Hard Drive Review
- EVGA GeForce GTX 780 SC ACX Graphics Card Review
- Lenovo Y500 15.6-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Google Glass Review
- Diamond Radeon HD 7790 1GB Graphics Card Review
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 Graphics Card Review
- Intel Z87 50+ Motherboard Line-up Preview