Thermaltake Frio OCK CPU Cooler Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Hardcore Ware have reviewed the high performance Thermaltake Frio OCK CPU cooler, which is a higher performance version of the original Frio.
Let's see what they had to say:
"What I found interesting is that the performance delta between the High and Low fan speeds was very small. Cranking the fan to outrageously loud speeds only cooled the CPU further by 3 celsius on our overclocked CPU. Granted, the VRM benefited from this greatly, but it would be much smarter to direct more airflow over that area of the case with larger, quieter fans. At full speed, the Frio OCK is, in my opinion, beyond the point of usefulness. It is just too loud, and not worth the meager increase in performance. Add to this the fact that the fan speed controller will be hidden away inside your case, you will probably just leave it at Low and forget about it."
This is a decent CPU cooler, but its performance definitely comes at a price - high noise output. There are better overall options in the form of the Cooler Master V6 GT, Prolimatech Super Mega, and Zalman CNPS 11X Extreme. The huge Noctua NH-D14 is also a top-notch option if it will fit in your case.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Corsair Vengeance M95 Gaming Mouse Video Review
- Sapphire Radeon HD 7990 6GB QuadFire Performance Review
- Mad Catz F.R.E.Q. 5 Gaming Headset Review
- Crucial M500 480GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- Seagate HDD.15 4TB Hard Drive Review
- Seagate Laptop SSHD Thin 500GB Hybrid Drive Review
- NZXT H630 Ultra Tower Case Review
- MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming Edition Motherboard Review
- Gigabyte 650 Ti BOOST Windforce 2X OC Graphics Card Review
- SteelSeries WoW: Legendary Edition Gaming Mouse Review