Samsung Series 5 12-Inch Chromebook Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
PC Perspective have reviewed the sleek and stylish Samsung Series 5 Chromebook notebook, which features a 12.1-inch 1366x768 display, dual-core/four thread 1.6GHz Intel N570 Atom processor, 2GB of RAM, 16GB SSD and integrated Intel GMA 3150 GPU.
Let's see what they had to say:
"I used the Series 5 as my primary laptop for a weekend, just to see if I could. Surprisingly, my MacBook wasnt missed. This plucky little Chromebook browses the web with equal confidence, has a keyboard thats no slouch, and isnt much worse when it comes time to playing games or video (admittedly, my MacBook is a couple years old). I dont think anyone whos likely to read this review would want a Chromebook as a primary system, but the Series 5 works well as a companion to a desktop computer.
Pricing is another piece of the puzzle that has found its place. Google has (mostly) made it clear that Chromebooks are not supposed to be a primary system. The pricing on Chromebooks when they were introduced betrayed this purpose, but now you can buy a Series 5 for just $300."
While it may not have the shear performance of an ultrabook, the Series 5 Chromebook does offer a good blend of style and performance at a great price. Though the Android based OS may leave some less than impressed.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Antec HCG-750M 750W Power Supply Review
- NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Fan Controller Review
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M Mobility Performance Testing
- Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3-2133 64GB Memory Kit Review
- GIGABYTE G1.Sniper 5 Z87 LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- MadCatz M.O.U.S.9 Bluetooth Mouse Review
- ASUS GeForce GTX 780 DirectCU II OC Graphics Card Review
- Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 850W Power Supply Review
- Attitude One Saiga Gaming Mousepad Review
- Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 5 Gaming Keyboard Review