Samsung Series 5 12-Inch Chromebook Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
PC Perspective have reviewed the sleek and stylish Samsung Series 5 Chromebook notebook, which features a 12.1-inch 1366x768 display, dual-core/four thread 1.6GHz Intel N570 Atom processor, 2GB of RAM, 16GB SSD and integrated Intel GMA 3150 GPU.
Let's see what they had to say:
"I used the Series 5 as my primary laptop for a weekend, just to see if I could. Surprisingly, my MacBook wasnt missed. This plucky little Chromebook browses the web with equal confidence, has a keyboard thats no slouch, and isnt much worse when it comes time to playing games or video (admittedly, my MacBook is a couple years old). I dont think anyone whos likely to read this review would want a Chromebook as a primary system, but the Series 5 works well as a companion to a desktop computer.
Pricing is another piece of the puzzle that has found its place. Google has (mostly) made it clear that Chromebooks are not supposed to be a primary system. The pricing on Chromebooks when they were introduced betrayed this purpose, but now you can buy a Series 5 for just $300."
While it may not have the shear performance of an ultrabook, the Series 5 Chromebook does offer a good blend of style and performance at a great price. Though the Android based OS may leave some less than impressed.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Scythe Kaze Chrono Fan Controller Review
- Logitech G13 Advanced Gameboard Review
- SteelSeries Sensei Fnatic Gaming Mouse Review
- Creative Sound Blaster ZxR PCI-E Sound Card Review
- NZXT Kraken G10 Liquid GPU Cooler Bracket Review
- Tesoro Kuven 7.1 Virtual Surround Gaming Headset Review
- Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler Review
- NZXT Source 530 Full Tower Case Review
- Samsung 840 EVO 1TB Solid State Drive Review
- Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 3 Gaming Keyboard Review