Asus Z9PE-D8 WS LGA2011 Motherboard Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
OCaholic have posted a review of the ultra high-end ASUS Z9PE-D8 WS workstation motherboard, which features dual XEON CPU support, four PCI-E 3.0 x16 slots and three PCI-E 3.0 x8 slots.
Here's what they had to say:
"At a first glance we can see that this motherboard from Asus is definitely more suitable for enthusiasts than servers/workstations. There are more features that fit the needs of enthusiasts and less for professional useres in the workstation/server area. Nevertheless this doesn't mean Asus failed doing a worksation/enthusiast motherboard. Indeed it has everything you like. There are for example seven full size PCIe Gen3 slots, an onboard 2D graphic processor - in case you need it -, a lot of SATA connectors and even an audio chip. We also liked the overclocking features like onboard reset/power buttons, postcode LED debug as well as a well furnished BIOS with a lot of options."
This is an amazing motherboard as it is one of the few to have four PCI-E x16 slots for graphics use with an additional three x8 slots to cover off anything else you may need. It might be a 'workstation' motherboard, but it would be perfect as a ultra high-end enthusiast model.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- SanDisk Ultra Plus 256GB SSD Solid State Drive Review
- ZOTAC GTX 680 AMP! Edition Graphics Card Review
- Vertex 450 256GB Solid State Drive Reivew
- Seagate HDD.15 4TB Hard Drive Review
- EVGA GeForce GTX 780 SC ACX Graphics Card Review
- Lenovo Y500 15.6-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Google Glass Review
- Diamond Radeon HD 7790 1GB Graphics Card Review
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 Graphics Card Review
- Intel Z87 50+ Motherboard Line-up Preview