ARCTIC MC001-BD HTPC Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Tweaktown have reviewed the ARCTIC MC001-BD, which is a compact HTPC system based on the Intel Atom dual core 1.8GHz D525 CPU and features 4GB of Ram, 500GB 7200rpm Hard drive, Blu-ray drive, onboard 802.11n WiFi, Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio support and a AMD Radeon HD 5430 512MB GPU.
Let's see what they had to say:
"While I know it is tough to justify near $800 for what you have seen, this is a seriously easy system to install and use and along with the ease that the accessories offer in use and installation. There is no way you can get this small and sexy for your money, even if yours is a bit more capable. Ease of use and the compact nature of this MC001-BD and its accessories is what drives the pricing and if you want a simple way to connect media to the HTPC and offer an option to stream music anywhere you want to, this may very well be the sweet and simple solution to your needs."
If you want a sleek and quiet HTPC with a Blu-ray drive this would be a decent option. Though at nearly $800 it is getting a little pricey considering options from Zotac can be found for much less.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Antec HCG-750M 750W Power Supply Review
- NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Fan Controller Review
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M Mobility Performance Testing
- Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3-2133 64GB Memory Kit Review
- GIGABYTE G1.Sniper 5 Z87 LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- MadCatz M.O.U.S.9 Bluetooth Mouse Review
- ASUS GeForce GTX 780 DirectCU II OC Graphics Card Review
- Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 850W Power Supply Review
- Attitude One Saiga Gaming Mousepad Review
- Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 5 Gaming Keyboard Review