G.Skill ARES DDR3-2133 16GB (4x4) Memory Kit Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Think Computers have reviewed the high performance dual channel G.Skill ARES quad channel memory kit, which have timings of 11-11-11-30 @ 1.6v.
Let's see what they had to say:
"I really like that G.Skill has these low-profile modules along with all their other memory lines. Almost every larger aftermarket CPU cooler covers at least 2 of your DIMM slots so having good memory that will fit there is a plus!
Besides just being low profile the heatspreaders on the modules are very bright and vibrant. As I said they come in blue or orange, which you can match with the rest of your components. The black PCB of the modules go perfectly with the heatspreaders and when installed this kit will definitely stand out. Also this kit is XMP ready so all you have to do is go into the BIOS and enable the XMP profile. This get the kit running at the advertised 11-11-11-30 timings at 1.6v."
While the timings are a little loose, this looks like a excellent budget friendly memory kit for consumers who need DDR3-2133 speeds.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Intel 525 Series 120GB & 180GB mSATA SSD Reviews
- Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Case Review
- Mionix Naos 8200 Gaming Mouse Review
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Smartphone Review
- PowerColor Radeon HD 7790 TurboDuo OC 1GB Graphics Card Review
- Storm Skorpion Mouse Bungee Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 1000W Power Supply Review
- Asus Z87 1150 Motherboard Line-up Preview
- MSI Radeon HD 7790 Turbo OC 1GB Video Card Review
- Logitec G700s Wireless Gaming Mouse Review