AMD Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Hardware Canucks have reviewed the high performance AMD Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition, which features 1000MHz base core clock and 6000MHz memory speed.
Let's see what they had to say:
"The HD 7970 GHz certainly isn't the fastest across the board but by that same token, the GTX 680 can no longer be considered the highest performing single GPU card in the world either. What we have here is a statistical tie so the consumers performance-oriented choice will ultimately come down to brand preference.
The HD 7970 was always a strong alternative to the Kepler-based products and its now received something of a face lift to make it even more appealing.
Performance per watt has certainly taken a step in the right direction, AMDs Boost works when it has to and pricing is actually quite fair considering its framerate advantage at higher detail settings. In our opinion and with all other things being equal, the HD 7970 GHz Edition is the card to have for ultra high resolution gaming."
While it may use slightly more power and be a bit noisier, this is an excellent alternative to the GeForce GTX 680.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- SanDisk Ultra Plus 256GB SSD Solid State Drive Review
- ZOTAC GTX 680 AMP! Edition Graphics Card Review
- Vertex 450 256GB Solid State Drive Reivew
- Seagate HDD.15 4TB Hard Drive Review
- EVGA GeForce GTX 780 SC ACX Graphics Card Review
- Lenovo Y500 15.6-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Google Glass Review
- Diamond Radeon HD 7790 1GB Graphics Card Review
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 Graphics Card Review
- Intel Z87 50+ Motherboard Line-up Preview