OCZ Vertex 4 128GB Solid State Drive Reivew
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Kit Guru have just tested the budget friendly Vertex 4 128GB SATA 6GB/s SSD, which is based on the Everest 2 controller and features 550MB/s read and 420MB/s write speeds.
Let's see what they had to say:
"OCZ continues the Vertex legacy with their latest offering, taking the drive in a different direction with the Indilinx team at their side. Drives originally shipped with firmware 1.3 which left a lot to be desired on the performance side, especially on the 128GB model. Those issues have since been eliminated as firmware 1.4 delivers an extreme performance boost.
Performance aside, we have to give praise to the new five year warranty as well. Many had doubts about flash storage technology years ago but OCZ seems confident that their product will stand the test of time.
I've said it several times before but it's worth repeating: switching to a SSD for your boot drive is the single best upgrade you can do for your system, hands-down. I refuse to build a system without one now - yes, they are that good."
Thanks to some timely firmware updates, the Vertex 4 128GB is now an excellent, high performance drive at a very budget friendly price, check it out!
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Antec HCG-750M 750W Power Supply Review
- NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Fan Controller Review
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M Mobility Performance Testing
- Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3-2133 64GB Memory Kit Review
- GIGABYTE G1.Sniper 5 Z87 LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- MadCatz M.O.U.S.9 Bluetooth Mouse Review
- ASUS GeForce GTX 780 DirectCU II OC Graphics Card Review
- Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 850W Power Supply Review
- Attitude One Saiga Gaming Mousepad Review
- Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 5 Gaming Keyboard Review