OCZ Vertex 4 256GB Solid State Drive Reivew
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Tech Sport have just tested the mid-range Vertex 4 256GB SATA 6GB/s SSD, which is based on the Everest 2 controller and features 550MB/s read and 420MB/s write speeds.
Let's see what they had to say:
"The Vertex 4 proceeded to match the real-world performance of SF-2281 drives, delivering fast Windows 7 boots and game loading performance. Once we fired up synthetic tests such as CrystalDiskMark and AS SSD Benchmark, it became clear why the Everest 2 drive is so fast: along with relatively strong read performance, it has impeccable write performance, especially when you look at AS SSD Benchmark's results.
Early reviews indicated some performance inconsistencies, a couple of months later, our tests show nothing to be concerned about. Compared to SandForce SF-2281 SSDs, the Vertex 4 provided more consistent performance as it didn't stumble when working with compressed data. This was seen when running our 6GB ISO file test for example, where OCZ's latest drive was over 20% faster than competing SandForce units. You can scroll through the tests and see the Vertex 4 is solid, keeping pace with and exceeding today's finest SSDs."
Thanks to timely firmware updates, the Vertex 4 256GB is now an excellent, high performance drive at a fairly reasonable price.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Seagate Laptop SSHD Thin 500GB Hybrid Drive Review
- NZXT H630 Ultra Tower Case Review
- MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming Edition Motherboard Review
- Gigabyte 650 Ti BOOST Windforce 2X OC Graphics Card Review
- SteelSeries WoW: Legendary Edition Gaming Mouse Review
- Intel 525 Series 120GB & 180GB mSATA SSD Reviews
- Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Case Review
- Mionix Naos 8200 Gaming Mouse Review
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Smartphone Review
- PowerColor Radeon HD 7790 TurboDuo OC 1GB Graphics Card Review