KFA2 GeForce GTX 670 EX OC Graphics Card Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Guru3D have reviewed the new KFA2 GeForce GTX 670 EX OC, which features a custom cooler and overclocked specifications.
Let's see what they had to say:
"While this product might have one shader cluster less, the performance remains exceptionally good. The lower default base clock frequency made us wonder if the performance would crash, but once the dynamic boost clock aka turbo kicks in, the card easily operates in a 1100~1200 MHz range (if the power envelope allows it), a little trick that seems to really work out for NVIDIA.
We like the KFA2 GeForce GTX 670 EX OC edition, we stated it in the GTX 680 review already; it is quite amazing what NVIDIA is able to do with the GK104 which we still think was intended to be the mid-range chip. Cutting away one shader cluster (SMX) and lowering the core GPU clock frequency remains a bit of a paradox as the card remains to be very fast. The nice factory overclock makes the product come real close at reference GTX 680 performance levels."
KFA2 really are on a roll lately with some mightily impressive video cards. Though for about the same you can get a ASUS DirectCU II Top which will provide as good performance with even better cooling potential.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- MadCatz M.O.U.S.9 Bluetooth Mouse Review
- ASUS GeForce GTX 780 DirectCU II OC Graphics Card Review
- Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 850W Power Supply Review
- Attitude One Saiga Gaming Mousepad Review
- Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 5 Gaming Keyboard Review
- Func MS-3 Gaming Mouse Review
- NZXT Phantom 630 Full Tower Case Review
- AMD A10-6800K Richland APU Review
- ASUS RT-AC66U 802.11ac Wireless-AC1750 Router Review
- Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Case Review