Corsair Accelerator 30GB Solid State Drive Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Hot Hardware have reviewed the budget friendly Corsair Accelerator 30GB Caching SSD, a companion solid state drive which is optimized for caching applications in conjunction with a standard HDD.
Let's see what they had to say:
"Corsair's 30GB Cache Accelerator delivers almost all of the 60GB SSD's performance, but at a significantly lower price. In uncertain economic times, it's easier to justify a $55 dollar expense than an $85 upgrade, especially when a 3D movie for a family of 4 will set you back almost as much -- and that's just for the tickets. The 30GB Cache Accelerator is a great option for upgrading an older system, especially if you're trying to breathe new life into it for a year or two while saving up for something else. Even 4-5 year-old hardware can benefit enormously from an SSD, and Dataplex's software gives even the performance of a 5400 RPM HDD a huge kick in the rear."
This is an excellent way to boost performance of an older system without spending all that much money. Check it out!
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- SanDisk Ultra Plus 256GB SSD Solid State Drive Review
- ZOTAC GTX 680 AMP! Edition Graphics Card Review
- Vertex 450 256GB Solid State Drive Reivew
- Seagate HDD.15 4TB Hard Drive Review
- EVGA GeForce GTX 780 SC ACX Graphics Card Review
- Lenovo Y500 15.6-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Google Glass Review
- Diamond Radeon HD 7790 1GB Graphics Card Review
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 Graphics Card Review
- Intel Z87 50+ Motherboard Line-up Preview