ASUS Maximus V Extreme Z77 LGA1155 Motherboard Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
OCaholic have posted a review of the enthusiast-oriented ASUS Maximus V Extreme, an Intel Z77-based motherboard that comes with all the usual Republic of Gamers (RoG) features including four PCI-E 3.0 slots for quad SLI.
Here's what they had to say:
"The first impression the Maximus V Extreme from ASUS leaves, makes us want more. Once again we like the ROG design, which meanwhile belongs to the evergreens in the industry. Furthermore there are four PCI Express 3.0 slots which make this board future proof.
Even the placement of the PCI-Express x16 is very well chosen. There is a total of five of these slots, whereas red ones can access eight lanes each when there are graphics cards in every slot. This is possible because of a PLX bridge chip that splits the incoming 16 lanes to 32 lanes. We also liked the voltage readouts as well as the possibility that one can deactivate the different PCI-Express x16 expansion slots via dip switches. The Maximus V Extreme really seems to be a very complete overclocking motherboard."
Though expensive, this it is easily one of the best Z77 motherboards available. Check it out!
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Corsair Carbide Air 540 ATX Cube Case Review
- GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 780 WindForce 3X OC Review
- Creative Sound Blaster Z Sound Card Video Review
- Corsair Vengeance K70 Gaming Keyboard Review
- ASUS Radeon HD 7970 3GB Matrix Platinum Edition Review
- Antec HCG-750M 750W Power Supply Review
- NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Fan Controller Review
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M Mobility Performance Testing
- Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3-2133 64GB Memory Kit Review
- GIGABYTE G1.Sniper 5 Z87 LGA1150 Motherboard Review