ASUS Maximus V Extreme Z77 LGA1155 Motherboard Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
OCaholic have posted a review of the enthusiast-oriented ASUS Maximus V Extreme, an Intel Z77-based motherboard that comes with all the usual Republic of Gamers (RoG) features including four PCI-E 3.0 slots for quad SLI.
Here's what they had to say:
"The first impression the Maximus V Extreme from ASUS leaves, makes us want more. Once again we like the ROG design, which meanwhile belongs to the evergreens in the industry. Furthermore there are four PCI Express 3.0 slots which make this board future proof.
Even the placement of the PCI-Express x16 is very well chosen. There is a total of five of these slots, whereas red ones can access eight lanes each when there are graphics cards in every slot. This is possible because of a PLX bridge chip that splits the incoming 16 lanes to 32 lanes. We also liked the voltage readouts as well as the possibility that one can deactivate the different PCI-Express x16 expansion slots via dip switches. The Maximus V Extreme really seems to be a very complete overclocking motherboard."
Though expensive, this it is easily one of the best Z77 motherboards available. Check it out!
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Lenovo Y500 15.6-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Google Glass Review
- Diamond Radeon HD 7790 1GB Graphics Card Review
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 Graphics Card Review
- Intel Z87 50+ Motherboard Line-up Preview
- Corsair Vengeance M95 Gaming Mouse Video Review
- Sapphire Radeon HD 7990 6GB QuadFire Performance Review
- Mad Catz F.R.E.Q. 5 Gaming Headset Review
- Crucial M500 480GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- Seagate HDD.15 4TB Hard Drive Review