EVGA Z77 FTW LGA1155 Motherboard Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Guru3D have posted a review of the enthusiast-oriented EVGA Z77 FTW, an Intel Z77-based LGA1155 motherboard that features an exceedingly long features list.
Here's what they had to say:
"The lads at EVGA have produced a very sweet piece of hardware. It's capable, extremely feature rich and offers anything an enthusiast PC gamer / tweaker would wish. Being an EVGA motherboard is just comes packed with features that appeal. The fact that EVGA Z77 FTW motherboard supports PCI-E 3.0 performance via a PLX 8747 PCI-E 3.0 certified bridge chip and thus can expand and manage four x8 PCie Gen 3 connections is a very good example.
The thing you need to understand is that the FTW motherboards are made for tweaking and that is where they really shine. If you like to OC the processor, well it's a simple deal ion the BIOS (or eLeet) really. If you use multiple graphics cards or want to overclock extremely on one or more of them, then you can use two 6-pin power headers to gain a little more stability."
While this is a very good motherboard, it will face stiff competition from models like the ASUS Maximus V Extreme.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Seagate Laptop SSHD Thin 500GB Hybrid Drive Review
- NZXT H630 Ultra Tower Case Review
- MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming Edition Motherboard Review
- Gigabyte 650 Ti BOOST Windforce 2X OC Graphics Card Review
- SteelSeries WoW: Legendary Edition Gaming Mouse Review
- Intel 525 Series 120GB & 180GB mSATA SSD Reviews
- Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Case Review
- Mionix Naos 8200 Gaming Mouse Review
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Smartphone Review
- PowerColor Radeon HD 7790 TurboDuo OC 1GB Graphics Card Review