Western Digital RED 3TB Hard Drive Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
PC Perspective have posted a review of the brand new Western Digital RED 3TB hard drive, which is designed for RAID environments.
Here's what they had to say:
"Western Digital has seen a future market demand and filled that void brilliantly. The new Red series offers outstanding throughput, dead-silent operation, and even some enterprise features at a cost only slightly above that of the lowest cost consumer drives out there. The ability to continuously and dynamically self balance is a feature unseen in even their own enterprise lines, and is a sure contributor to the 1 Million MTBF rating. I see the Red becoming the defacto standard for all bulk storage array applications. Given the recent push towards the home NAS concept, I think a bunch of folks are going to start seeing Red everywhere (in a good way)."
With their impressive blend of performance, price and warranty these new RED drives are an excellent option for raid arrays in general and NAS environments. Check it out!
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- MadCatz M.O.U.S.9 Bluetooth Mouse Review
- ASUS GeForce GTX 780 DirectCU II OC Graphics Card Review
- Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 850W Power Supply Review
- Attitude One Saiga Gaming Mousepad Review
- Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 5 Gaming Keyboard Review
- Func MS-3 Gaming Mouse Review
- NZXT Phantom 630 Full Tower Case Review
- AMD A10-6800K Richland APU Review
- ASUS RT-AC66U 802.11ac Wireless-AC1750 Router Review
- Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Case Review