Intel 910 800GB PCI-E SSD Review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Hardware Canucks have reviewed the brand new and über-high performance Intel 910 800GB PCI-Express solid state drive, which features 2000MB/s read and 1000MB/s write speeds.
Here's what they had to say:
"Other than initial startup cost, one of the primary reasons why SSDs arent more prevalent in the enterprise market is their lack of performance longevity. With the 910s impressive engineering backbone in place Intel has succeeded in creating a drive that can dig itself out of a degraded state / steady state in the blink of an eye. Not only is this drive quick to claw its way back up to near-maximum performance but getting it into a degraded state in the first place is bloody difficult to say the least. Even after ten hours of constant hammering or more than enough time to turn even a potent RevoDrive3 x2 480GB drive into a quivering puddle performance levels were maintained and workloads were processed without it batting an eyelash. Even the slightest pause in testing gave the 910s controllers enough time to start regaining some of their lost performance. "
Although it comes with an eye-watering price tag, the Intel 910 is an unbelievably impressive piece of technology. Check it out!
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- MSI GT70 2OC 17.3-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W Power Supply Review
- Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO CPU Cooler Review
- Western Digital Red 4TB Hard Drive Review
- Corsair Vengeance K95 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- ASRock Z87 Fatal1ty Professional Series LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- ECS L337 Z87H3-A3X GANK Drone Series LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- SuperTalent Pico 32GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- HIS Radeon R9 290X 4GB Graphics Card Review
- Corsair Vengeance 1500 V2 Gaming Headset Review