ADATA SP900 Premier Pro 128GB Solid State Drive review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Tech Reaction have just tested the high performance ADATA SP900 128GB SATA 6Gb/s solid state drive, which is based on the SandForce SF-2281 controller and features 555MB/s read and 510MB/s write speeds.
Let's see what they had to say:
"Performance of the ADATA SP900 Premiere Pro SSD was better than expected. The move to 0% over provisioning has not hurt the drive in terms of performance as much as expected although it does have an effect. How this will effect longevity remains to be seen, but the press release from LSI seems to state that NAND is STILL being used for over provisioning, it has just come in the form of the binary/decimal offset. Whatever the secret sauce users are now able to get an extra 7% of usable space on their SSDs when using a SandForce revision 5 drive.
Overall the SP900 gets a TechREACTION silver award for price availability, performance, features and data density.
Future firmware updates from SandForce and hopefully passed through ADATA are expected to resolve this issue."
Using a SandForce based SSD without any over-provisioning is indeed a novel approach. Though for a bit more you can have Intel 520 Series 120GB drive, which is slightly faster and has a longer warranty.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Scythe Kaze Chrono Fan Controller Review
- Logitech G13 Advanced Gameboard Review
- SteelSeries Sensei Fnatic Gaming Mouse Review
- Creative Sound Blaster ZxR PCI-E Sound Card Review
- NZXT Kraken G10 Liquid GPU Cooler Bracket Review
- Tesoro Kuven 7.1 Virtual Surround Gaming Headset Review
- Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler Review
- NZXT Source 530 Full Tower Case Review
- Samsung 840 EVO 1TB Solid State Drive Review
- Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 3 Gaming Keyboard Review