ADATA SP900 Premier Pro 128GB Solid State Drive review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Tech Reaction have just tested the high performance ADATA SP900 128GB SATA 6Gb/s solid state drive, which is based on the SandForce SF-2281 controller and features 555MB/s read and 510MB/s write speeds.
Let's see what they had to say:
"Performance of the ADATA SP900 Premiere Pro SSD was better than expected. The move to 0% over provisioning has not hurt the drive in terms of performance as much as expected although it does have an effect. How this will effect longevity remains to be seen, but the press release from LSI seems to state that NAND is STILL being used for over provisioning, it has just come in the form of the binary/decimal offset. Whatever the secret sauce users are now able to get an extra 7% of usable space on their SSDs when using a SandForce revision 5 drive.
Overall the SP900 gets a TechREACTION silver award for price availability, performance, features and data density.
Future firmware updates from SandForce and hopefully passed through ADATA are expected to resolve this issue."
Using a SandForce based SSD without any over-provisioning is indeed a novel approach. Though for a bit more you can have Intel 520 Series 120GB drive, which is slightly faster and has a longer warranty.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- SanDisk Ultra Plus 256GB SSD Solid State Drive Review
- ZOTAC GTX 680 AMP! Edition Graphics Card Review
- Vertex 450 256GB Solid State Drive Reivew
- Seagate HDD.15 4TB Hard Drive Review
- EVGA GeForce GTX 780 SC ACX Graphics Card Review
- Lenovo Y500 15.6-inch Gaming Notebook Review
- Google Glass Review
- Diamond Radeon HD 7790 1GB Graphics Card Review
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 Graphics Card Review
- Intel Z87 50+ Motherboard Line-up Preview