Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 SoC Preview
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Anadtech have a preview of the upcoming Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 System on a Chip, which features a quad core 1.5GHz Krait v2 and a Adreno 320 GPU.
Let's see what they had to say:
"BaseMark OS includes a heavily threaded benchmark that can hit all four cores in the MDP/T as well as in the Tegra 3 based devices. The overall score incoporates the SMP test but doesn't weight it too heavily. The end result is still good for the MDP/T; it's the fastest Android device we've tested here.
Overall the quad-core S4 Pro should deliver everything we love about the dual-core S4's performance, just with more cores. As individual cores can be power gated, there shouldn't be much of a power penalty unless you actually need the extra power. The extra cores should come in handy with heavy multitasking (something we may see even more of on Windows RT tablet/notebook hybrids) or with the rare heavily threaded application."
While this is only a preview of this upcoming SoC, the SnapDragon S4 is shaping up to be one impressive little chip for future tablets and high end phones!
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Antec HCG-750M 750W Power Supply Review
- NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Fan Controller Review
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M Mobility Performance Testing
- Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3-2133 64GB Memory Kit Review
- GIGABYTE G1.Sniper 5 Z87 LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- MadCatz M.O.U.S.9 Bluetooth Mouse Review
- ASUS GeForce GTX 780 DirectCU II OC Graphics Card Review
- Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 850W Power Supply Review
- Attitude One Saiga Gaming Mousepad Review
- Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 5 Gaming Keyboard Review