OCZ Vertex 4 128GB Solid State Drive Reivew
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Hardware Canucks have just tested the budget friendly Vertex 4 128GB SATA 6GB/s SSD, which is based on the Everest 2 controller and features 550MB/s read and 420MB/s write speeds.
Let's see what they had to say:
"With the Vertex 4 128GB model, OCZ have succeeded in creating a downright affordable high performance drive that will help change public perception of SSDs from bleeding-edge novelty to valid (and desirable) mainstream option. As such, this drive is one Dam Good Value. The firmware may still be slightly rough around the edges and it may not be the fastest, cheapest, or largest drive on the market. However, the Vertex 4 it is fast enough, large enough, and inexpensive enough to make it one of the better options available today. If you are in the market for your first solid state drive and cant afford anything as extravagant as a 512GB model, then this drive deserves your careful consideration."
Thanks to some timely firmware updates, the Vertex 4 128GB is quickly becoming an excellent, high performance drive at a very budget friendly price, check it out!
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Storm Skorpion Mouse Bungee Review
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 1000W Power Supply Review
- Asus Z87 1150 Motherboard Line-up Preview
- MSI Radeon HD 7790 Turbo OC 1GB Video Card Review
- Logitec G700s Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming Edition Motherboard Review
- EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST SC 2GB Graphics Card Review
- OCZ Vertex 3.20 120GB Solid State Drive Review
- Seagate 600 480GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- Cooler Master V Series 1000 Watt Power Supply Review