OCZ Vertex 4 128GB Solid State Drive Reivew
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Hardware Canucks have just tested the budget friendly Vertex 4 128GB SATA 6GB/s SSD, which is based on the Everest 2 controller and features 550MB/s read and 420MB/s write speeds.
Let's see what they had to say:
"With the Vertex 4 128GB model, OCZ have succeeded in creating a downright affordable high performance drive that will help change public perception of SSDs from bleeding-edge novelty to valid (and desirable) mainstream option. As such, this drive is one Dam Good Value. The firmware may still be slightly rough around the edges and it may not be the fastest, cheapest, or largest drive on the market. However, the Vertex 4 it is fast enough, large enough, and inexpensive enough to make it one of the better options available today. If you are in the market for your first solid state drive and cant afford anything as extravagant as a 512GB model, then this drive deserves your careful consideration."
Thanks to some timely firmware updates, the Vertex 4 128GB is quickly becoming an excellent, high performance drive at a very budget friendly price, check it out!
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- OCZ Vector 150 120GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD Review
- MSI Z87 MPower Max LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- FUNC KB-460 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Reviews
- Corsair Voyager GS 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- DIAMOND Xtreme Sound 7.1 XS71HD PCI-E Sound Card Review
- Lenovo Erazer X700 Gaming Desktop PC Review
- Cooler Master Storm Power-RX Mouse Pad Review
- Synology DiskStation DS1513+ 5-Bay NAS Review
- Gigabyte Aivia Uranium Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Western Digital Black² 1TB Dual Drive Reviews