ADATA SX900 256GB Solid State Drive review
Patrick "MACMAC" MacMillan
Benchmark Reviews have just tested the high performance ADATA SX900 256GB SATA 6Gb/s solid state drive, which is based on the SandForce SF-2281 controller and features 555MB/s read and 510MB/s write speeds.
Let's see what they had to say:
"Thanks to new firmware developments, companies like ADATA can now offer products that compete gigabyte-for-gigabyte with the competition. Not only are these SandForce-driven solid state drives extremely fast, but more importantly they're capable of SLC-level operational performance I/O and NAND durability.
On top of performance, you're also getting back 7% of the storage capacity previously 'lost' to provisioning. Together, these three reasons give the ADATA XPG SX900-series a formidable lead ahead of competing SSDs that lack speed, capacity, and price. I highly recommend the ADATA XPG SX900 Solid State Drive, as it's earned our Golden Tachometer Award for excellence."
Using a SandForce based SSD without any over-provisioning is indeed a novel approach. Though for a bit more you can have the Intel 520 Series 240GB model, which is slightly faster and has a longer warranty.
Click here to read the full review.
Please head over to our discussion board to talk about this news (registration not required).
- Antec HCG-750M 750W Power Supply Review
- NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Fan Controller Review
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M Mobility Performance Testing
- Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3-2133 64GB Memory Kit Review
- GIGABYTE G1.Sniper 5 Z87 LGA1150 Motherboard Review
- MadCatz M.O.U.S.9 Bluetooth Mouse Review
- ASUS GeForce GTX 780 DirectCU II OC Graphics Card Review
- Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 850W Power Supply Review
- Attitude One Saiga Gaming Mousepad Review
- Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E. 5 Gaming Keyboard Review